At Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC, we concentrate all of our expertise and experience on personal injury law. This includes motor vehicle accidents, pedestrian accidents, maritime law, malpractice and more. We put all of our resources into every case. If we represent you, we will fight for you until your case is resolved.
Caring and Compassionate Lawyers
Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC chose to specialize in personal injury law because as attorneys we have seen so many people who have been hurt through no fault of their own struggling to mend their lives. We felt that this was an area where we could really make a difference in our community and in the lives of our clients. If you or a loved one has been injured in accident in Alexandria or anywhere in Louisiana, we encourage you to come to Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC for a free consultation. One of our experienced Alexandria personal injury lawyers will discuss your situation with you. Together we will decide how we can best take some of the burden off of you and make sure your rights are protected.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
There are many things to consider when you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident. There may be time limits for filing claims. There are also different types of claims to consider. You may have injuries that are not apparent or causing symptoms. An insurance company or lawyer may be pressuring you to sign an agreement to accept a settlement. All this comes on top of the physical pain and mental suffering you may be experiencing. If you are in this situation, you don’t have to handle everything alone. One of our motor vehicle accident attorneys can take care of these things for you. He or she will intervene with the insurance company or other attorneys and make sure you get the medical attention you need. Any court filings or insurance claims will be taken care of. We will work for you to make sure you get any compensation you are due. At Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC we will help you get your life back to normal as soon as possible.
Some of the cases that fall under the area of motor vehicle accidents include:
- Car Accident – This is another common injury area in Louisiana. Let us help you if you have been hurt in a car accident. We will investigate the circumstances. If the other driver was under the influence of alcohol or distracted in some way, we will find out.
- Truck Accidents – Semis are vital to our economy. They haul many of the goods we need and want. Sometimes, though, they are pressured to drive too far, too fast. They may try to stay awake and drive too long. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a negligent truck driver, contact us as soon as possible.
- Motorcycle Accidents – It is especially important to work with an attorney if you have been injured while on a motorcycle. Motorcycles have the same rights to the roadways as any other vehicles. You should have same expectation of safe travel as anyone else on the road. Many people feel, though, that motorcycles are dangerous to ride. The other party may try to use this against you.
- Boating Accidents – Accidents involving boats, jet skis or any form of transportation on the water fall under maritime law. This is an area that many personal injury lawyers are not experienced in. Because we practice in Alexandria, we have had the opportunity to become expert in this area.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents – Unfortunately motor vehicle operators aren’t always careful or diligent in watching for people who are walking or riding bicycles. Pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents happen every day. If you have been involved in one, let us help you through it.
- Drunk Driving Accidents – Drunk driving is a serious crime, and if you are hurt by an intoxicated driver, that motorist will face criminal charges. In addition, victims of drunk drivers may be entitled to damages.
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents – Courier vans, limousines, and box trucks are just some of the vehicles out there sharing the road. Drivers of these vehicles are either independent contractors or employees. Some may not be properly licensed or insured. When these commons carriers leave injuries in their path, you need an attorney on your side.
Call Today for a Free Consultation